SAVE UP TO 60% WITH EXCLUSIVE BUNDLES:
BEAUTIFUL, BROODING AND MYSTERIOUS
SPRING ESSENTIALS £99 / $99 / 99€
Originals Firewood Piano
FINK – Signatures
ARO: Legendary Low Strings
ARO: Thematic Trumpets
Essentials is a combination of incredibly inspiring libraries that work in harmony to help you create both beautiful and mysterious compositions. This eclectic collection will fuel your imagination and light your creative spark.
- Originals Firewood Piano – A detailed upright piano, with a cracked bridge, creating unique resonances. Performed by Jeremiah Fraites of The Lumineers. Recorded at Colorado Sound Studios. Five presets, including Felt and Warps. Close, Room and Pad signals. Six controls and effects. Available in our easy-to-use plug-in
- Originals Cimbalom – Features a shimmering, spine-tingling tuned percussion instrument, used in Hollywood scores for its mysterious, sinister sound. Cuts through an orchestra with its distinctly metallic tone. Performed by renowned percussionist, Greg Knowles (The Hunger Games). Captured at AIR Studios, London
- FINK – Signatures – A definitive acoustic guitar toolkit with a human touch, full of character and sonic depth. At the heart of this sample library are three distinctive acoustic guitars, beautifully captured in microscopic detail and offering a range of classic and signature playing styles, from delicate to punchy, including pulled, plucked, muted and thumbed one-shots, pristine harmonics and more
- Abbey Road One: Legendary Low Strings – Offers impact and intrigue with epic low-string performances inspired by classic legend and fantasy films. This self-contained, stand-alone library will add that unmistakable Abbey Road magic to your compositions. It also makes the perfect accompaniment to Abbey Road One: Orchestral Foundations
- Abbey Road One: Thematic Trumpets – Focuses on lead lines and fanfare, this inimitable trumpet collection offers commanding presence without being piercing or clichéd. The ‘Thematic’ in the name suggests infinite possibilities for developing narrative structure within your compositions. From valiant, emotive tropes to menacing, antagonistic identifiers, this robust library delivers a vast array of thematic potential
INTRINSIC, DETAILED AND DRAMATIC
SPRING CORE £199 / £249 / 249€:
British Drama Toolkit
Ólafur Arnalds Chamber Evolutions
Spitfire Solo Cello
Spring Core gives you out-of-the-box emotion and depth with stunning intrinsic patterns to make your music soar and take your listeners to the highest highs whilst haunting them with dramatic, low timbres. Made in collaboration with award-winning composers and musicians, this passionate collection provides excitement, expression and spirit.
- British Drama Toolkit – Provides an instinctive yet intense connection to the heart of your composition. Created in collaboration with composer Samuel Sim, it features an ensemble dedicated to the emotionally potent sound he is lauded for — but also presents a unique way of interacting with the players, which sets this instrument apart from anything we have created to date
- Ólafur Arnalds Chamber Evolutions – Created with the BAFTA-winning Icelandic composer (Broadchurch, Kiasmos, Erased Tapes) to record an all-star ensemble performing his latest set of awe-inspiring evolutions, performing a range of fragile yet warm beautifully evolving phrases, recorded at the world famous Hall at AIR Studios, London
- Spitfire Solo Cello – Contains all the techniques you need to create an ultra-realistic solo performance, including five different types of true legato: fingered legato, bowed legato, portamento legato, runs and arpeggios, as well as spiccato, staccato, tremolo, playable trills, pizzicato, Bartok pizzicato, molto vibrato, progressive vibrato and non-vibrato
ANGELIC, APOCALYPTIC AND AWE-INSPIRING
SPRING PROFESSIONAL £399 / $449 / 449€
Eric Whitacre Choir
Ólafur Arnalds STRATUS
Spring Professional is an assembly of some of our most-inspirational libraries to-date. Created with renowned and award-winning musicians, this collection provides expressive tools, covering cinematic and punchy guitars, rhythmic and colourful piano movements and the angelic, haunting power of the human voice, all at your fingertips.
- Eric Whitacre Choir – A library hard-wired to humanity that gets you to the heart of music and captures the breathtaking range of our most personal musical instrument. Crafted and conducted by Grammy winner Eric Whitacre and showcasing his elite family of singers, this encyclopaedia of the voice will enrich your compositions
- Ólafur Arnalds STRATUS – A vast, dynamic instrument that will add depth, movement and colour to your music. Made in collaboration with BAFTA-winning Icelandic composer and producer Ólafur Arnalds, this versatile, multidimensional tool bends space and time through an intricate network of polyrhythmic piano performances
- Ambient Guitars – A collection of inspiring and modern cinematic guitar sounds, textures and loops — from ambient to apocalyptic — created and performed exclusively by renowned guitar innovator Leo Abrahams, designed for use in film, TV and game music and especially suited to dark, urbane, indie style scores, its early incarnation is already a directors’ and composers’ favourite
SAVE 40% ON ALL LIBRARIES
[Including libraries released in the last 12 months, Originals & SA Recordings]
- Albion Colossus [recently updated with new Evo’s and eDNA content] – Our most epic library yet, this gargantuan, all-in-one toolkit pushes contrast, dynamism and intensity to eleven – elevating your scores to breathtaking new heights. Featuring two complete orchestras, chamber and symphonic, heavy chugging guitars, a diverse, hard-hitting set of percussion and drum kits, and epic, widescreen synths, and expertly crafted for ultra-modern scoring
- British Drama Toolkit: Brass & Reeds – Made in collaboration with award-winning composer Samuel Sim, Brass & Reeds has a stunning sound palette of 99 patches and intricately workshopped techniques from a range of solo brass and woodwind instruments which are presented in various combinations, each offering a full spectrum of emotion and expression
- Abbey Road Orchestra: High Percussion – The second instalment of our Abbey Road Orchestra series, crafted for professional composers, producers and sound designers. A meticulously curated selection of 62 percussive instruments performed by internationally renowned percussionist Joby Burgess and expertly captured in the legendary acoustic space that is Abbey Road Studio One
- Abbey Road Orchestra: Low Percussion – The most detailed sample library we have ever created – the first in a brand new flagship series. It explores the timbral and textural range of 20 drums from across the orchestral repertoire and further, captured in incredible detail
- BBC Symphony Orchestra Core – A full orchestra, offering a large range of instruments performing all articulations, with one mix signal. BBCSO Core has been designed for composers wanting to create instantly professional sounding orchestral music, without taking up too much hard drive space
- BBC Symphony Orchestra Professional – The Professional edition is the definitive, comprehensive collection for writing professional, world-class orchestral music, featuring 67 different instrument presets recorded on world-class Millennia preamps, including groups and soloists, and 468 techniques, including 45 legatos, for each melodic instrument — as well as a staggering 20 signals
- Fractured Strings – We’ve collaborated with Hans Zimmer’s prestigious scoring collective Bleeding Fingers Music and London’s finest string players to create a new kind of small ensemble library — featured in BBC’s Frozen Planet II
- Mercury – This samples fourteen one-of-a-kind acoustic sculptures, hand-crafted by Hollywood’s premier instrument designer, Chas Smith. This collection delivers 600+ textures, tones, and pads—organic and synthesised in Solar, our new eDNA-powered plug-in
- Originals Epic Choir – All the power and beauty of the human voice at your fingertips…Spitfire Audio’s largest choir recorded to date, this highly anticipated library features 50 of London’s finest singers, recorded in two sections (Sopranos & Altos/Tenors & Basses)
- Resonate – Built in collaboration with Dame Evelyn Glennie — one of history’s most influential percussionists — Resonate unlocks the other-worldly mystery, magic, and tension of orchestral percussion
- Nok Cultural Ensemble – Tape Percussion (SA Recordings) – Recorded to tape at the legendary Ariwa Studios and presented in Spitfire Audio’s award-winning plugin with a range of in-built FX, these sounds and textures thrum, crackle, and crash with new possibilities for modern tracks and contemporary media scores
- Originals Intimate Grand Piano – A versatile, up-close-and-personal vintage Steinway Model A grand piano, designed to suit a range of styles — whether for solo composition, accompaniment, or as part of a larger ensemble
About Spitfire Audio (www.spitfireaudio.com)
Spitfire Audio is a British music technology company that specialises in sounds — sample libraries, virtual instruments, and other useful software devices. It collaborates with the best composers, artists, and engineers in the world to build musical tools that sound great and are exciting to use.
Spitfire Audio was founded by two award-winning composers: Christian Henson and Paul Thomson. Born out of their shared dissatisfaction for string sample libraries, they pooled their resources and decided to record their own string samples at the legendary Air Studios in London. Initially, they invited a limited number of friends and associates to own copies of their samples, but whispers of this private sample club soon started to echo across the Atlantic Ocean throughout the composer community. Within a year, some of the most renowned composers in film and television signed up, so Paul and Christian decided to take their samples public.
To date, Spitfire Audio has recorded and released over 100 sample libraries, collaborating with some of the biggest names in media composition, including Hans Zimmer, Eric Whitacre, Ólafur Arnalds & the London Contemporary Orchestra. Spitfire Audio has worked closely with one of the world’s most renowned orchestras, BBC Symphony Orchestra, as well as partnered with the legendary Abbey Road Studios to create sample libraries in the iconic Studio One – considered one of the finest acoustical spaces in the world – and the famous Studio Two. Spitfire Audio’s sounds are heard in everything, from major Hollywood film scores to recordings by Radiohead and U2.
Paul and Christian’s initial side project is now a thriving international music technology enterprise, with a uniquely experienced and diverse workforce, all focused on a shared mission: to inspire a generation of composers. The composer team remains at the centre of the business, drawing on their own experience as obsessive music makers to explore the needs and wants of their fellow composers.