- AI-powered algorithm, giving users the true warmth and behavior of analog tape
- Flexible feature set, allowing users to create a custom ‘tape flavor’ for any need
- TAIP adds a musical saturation and glue to drums, instruments, vocals and beyond
- Read more about the feature set and Baby Audio’s AI emulation approach further below
TAIP comes loaded with 135 presets created by friends of BABY Audio – including:
* Mark Needham (Fleetwood Mac, The Killers, Bloc Party, Elton John)
* Max Jaeger (Ariana Grande, Kanye West, Drake, Calvin Harris)
* Eestbound (Travis Scott, Young Thug, Jazz Cartier)
* Rob Kleiner (Sia, Britney Spears, David Guetta, Cee Lo)
* Cesar Sogbe (Prince, David Byrne, Jennifer Lopez)
* Switch between three backgrounds (Black / Gray / White)
* Plugin window fully resizable
TAIP is our attempt at creating the ideal ‘Tape Machine’ for the DAW-era, combining an authentic vintage sound with a modern feature set. Its parameters will let you customize the right tape flavor for any need.
● DRIVE: Traditionally, tape machines were designed to color the sound as little as possible. TAIP is not. You can use the DRIVE knob to add just as much color as you need – from a subtle touch of heat to heavy distortion.
● MIX/TAPE FLANGING: MIX lets you run your tape in parallel. You can combine MIX and WEAR to get a classic ‘tape flanging’ effect. This is caused by the wow and flutter of WEAR running in parallel with the dry track.
● MODEL: While SINGLE is a regular tape emulation, DUAL creates a series of two tape emulations chained together under the hood, each applying half of the DRIVE value. This will add slightly more weight to your signal.
● LO-SHAPE / HI-SHAPE: These sliders let you saturate the low/high end more or less than the rest of the frequency spectrum. (Example: Warm up a drum buss without distorting the low frequencies).
● GLUE: Tape machines are known to introduce a pleasing compression-like effect due to their low dynamic range. TAIP lets you add this effect – or even exaggerate it. Use GLUE for subtle cohesion or as an actual compressor.
● NOISE: Lets you add tape noise to taste – or avoid it altogether.
● WEAR: Combines wow, flutter and an altered frequency response curve to emulate a worn-out tape machine.
● PRESENCE: Part of the tape warmth comes from an attenuated high-end. PRESENCE allows you to decide how much of that attenuation you want. It can bring back the brightness that is sometimes lost on tape.
● INPUT: Choose between NORMAL or HOT (more distorted) input levels without affecting the output volume.
● AUTO GAIN: Allows you to add more DRIVE while keeping a consistent plugin output level.