The best in digitally-controlled analog hardware management gets even better
Since its release in 2022, PATCH APP DX has offered a profound evolution in hardware management, control, and documentation for PATCH-series patchbays. Building off of the quick and easy-to-use interface of PATCH APP, DX expanded the feature set to include mobile device compatibility, Hardware Management mode for saving notes and photos of hardware settings, full network integration, and with DX Bridge, full DAW integration. In the two years since, Flock has paid close attention to customer feedback and integrated all of this and more into PATCH APP DX 1.1.0 with particular focus on the app’s organization, customization, and navigation features.
Key new features include Folders, which enables streamlined organization of all analog hardware and easy cataloging, TAGS, which allow for quick searches of preferred hardware categories or uses, Find Me, for faster access to occupied digital rack space, and Hardware Management Notifications, which provide clear visual feedback for routings that have additional photos, notes, or data in the Hardware Management section. PATCH APP DX also now offers robust color coding options across several of these features for clear, intuitive organization. Tweaks have also been made to the app’s GUI and navigation, making it simpler and quicker to use than ever before.
“This is just scratching the surface of what we’ve added in Patch APP DX 1.1.0,” said Flock Audio Founder and CEO Darren Nakonechny. “There’s so much more to explore, and we can’t wait to see what you’ll create!”
PATCH APP DX Improvements: (v1.1.0)
- New Feature: Folders - Create Folders to Organize all your Analog Hardware - Color Code Folders for Quick Visual Reference - Rearrange/Reorder Folders for Preferred Setup - Quickly Reference/Modify what’s in a Folder
- New Feature: TAGs - Create “Tags” For Quick Search References of your Analog Hardware - Add/Modify Tags for Preferred Setup - Color Code Tags for Quick Visual Reference - Search Colors using Tags to Find all Customized Label Colors
- New Feature: Find Me (Find a Used Digital Rack Space) - Find any Used Digital Rack Space by simply clicking on it in the Hardware Index
- New Feature: Hardware Management Notifications - Any Photos/Text Added into a Routing under Hardware Management will display a small Dot Indicator Next to its Menu Button for quick reference of which Analog Routings have Hardware Management Content.
- New Feature: Index Multi-Color - Quickly Color Code any Digital Rack Spaces/Labelling by “Choosing a Color for a Label > Then Hold Down Shift > Click the Color Wheel of all other Digital Rack Spaces/Labels to Add that same previously chosen Color without having to go into Each Menu to Change the Color”
- GUI Improvement: Mute All Behavior - Mute All now applies the Red Indicating Color to all Path MUTES and Behaves similar to how you would experience Mute’s in a DAW
- New Feature: Drag Navigation - Simply Click + Hold and Drag the Chosen Digital Rack Space to the Edges of the Active Routing Grid to Scroll Side to Side.
For more information about PATCH APP DX please visit: www.flockaudio.com/downloads
About Flock Audio
Flock Audio Inc. is a pro audio manufacturer based in Kelowna, Canada, founded in 2017. The company is best known for its PATCH System Series, which is a Digitally controlled, 100% Analog Patch bay routing solution for professional audio environments.
For more information on Flock Audio and its products, please visit the company website at www.flockaudio.com.