Music Maker Publications (MMP) and Music Maker Online (MMO) Terms and Policies
By submitting a Readers’ Tapes entry you automatically grant permission to MMO/MMP to feature your submission (including your email address) in print, on our website, and in our e–newsletters. MMO/MMP reserves the right to shorten posted songs for editorial reasons, or to delete or refrain from posting songs whose copyright is in question.
You may legally only post songs for which you own copyright, or which are verifiably in the public domain, or whose copyright holders have assigned them a verifiable Creative Commons license allowing free re-recording without indemnification. MMO/MMP cannot be held responsible for any submissions that do not follow these guidelines.
By listing your name with the submitted work, MMO/MMP does not imply any assignment of rights to the submitted work. We can neither guarantee publication of a review nor engage in correspondence about individual submissions.
By clicking on the “Submit” button, you agree that Music Maker Online, LLC does not claim any ownership rights in the sounds, musical works, or any other materials (collectively, “Works”) that you post on or through the Music Maker Online, LLC website. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Works posted by you on or through the Music Maker Online, LLC website or otherwise have the absolute legal right to grant the license set forth in this agreement, and (ii) the posting of your Works on or through the Music Maker Online, LLC website does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person or entity either within or outside the United States. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person or entity by reason of any Work s posted by you on or through the Music Maker Online, LLC website.
The Music Maker Online, LLC website contains Works of other Music Maker Online, LLC licensors. You may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Works appearing on or through the Music Maker Online, LLC website without the express, written permission of the other Music Maker Online, LLC user.
Potential winner’s name/likeness/information may be included in advertising and/or for promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that the sponsors and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, and all of the sponsors officers, employees and representatives, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by winner for any liability for any injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons and/or property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance and/or use of the prize and/or participation in this sweepstakes. Subject to all federal and state laws. Void where prohibited.
To avoid us receiving any “automated spam” entries, please note we require at least one question being answered in the survey. Otherwise, your entry may be misconstrued as “spam,” and mistakenly deleted. Any attempt to damage the website or undermine the legitimacy of the giveaway outcome may be a violation of criminal laws, and an attempt to do so will provide us with the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Each entrant selected must meet eligibility requirements, or another entry will be drawn. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail. If that entrant does not respond within 3 days of the e-mail being sent, another entrant will be selected until all prize recipients have been selected/confirmed. We cannot guarantee emails will be delivered on your end or ours due to unforeseen circumstances.
Potential winners of the prizes may be required to sign/ok and return an eligibility and liability release, and where lawful, publicity release. Failing to do so in a timely manner will result in disqualification, where another entrant will be chosen.
Sponsor(s) are not responsible for lost or mutilated prizes, and none will be replaced. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by sponsor(s). All taxes, surcharges on the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Official Hermetically Sealed Legalese
The following conditions and terms govern your use of www.recordingmag.com, and any content made available from or through this site. By using the site, you agree to these terms and conditions as applied to your use of the site. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not access the site. Thank you.
1. Your use of the web site does not grant to you ownership of any content, code, data or materials you may access on or through the Web Site. Use of the web site is only for your personal, non-commercial use.
2. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading any copyrighted material from the web site. If you make other use of the web site, or the content, code, data or materials available through the web site, except as otherwise provided above, you may violate copyright and other laws, and may be subject to liability for such unauthorized use.
3. Any commercial or promotional distribution, re-publishing or exploitation of the web site, or of any content, code, data or materials on the web site, is strictly prohibited unless you have received the express prior written permission from authorized personnel of Music Maker Online (MMO), or from the otherwise applicable rights holder.
4. All trademarks not owned by MMO, that appear on the web site or on or through the web site’s services, if any, are the property of their respective owners.
5. MMO does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for use or publication in their print, digital and electronic media except in connection with questions/statements made to editors and staff members, feedback and/or other interactive areas of the site. MMO, its affiliates and related entities shall not be responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to the site.
6. You acknowledge that any submissions you make to MMO may be edited, modified, published, transmitted, and displayed by MMO, and you waive any rights you may have in having the material altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you.
7. By submitting content to MMO, you hereby grant to MMO, its affiliates and related entities the right and license to use, copy, modify, distribute, display and reproduce all such materials in any form, media, software or technology of any kind currently existing or developed in the future. You also agree to indemnify, defend and hold MMO harmless for any liability arising due to the use or distribution of those materials. You also grant MMO the right to use your name in connection with the reproduction or distribution of such material.
8. You agree that you shall not use the web site in any manner that could disable or impair the web site and/or interfere with any other party’s use of the web site.
9. MMO reserves the right, but does not have an obligation, to monitor and/or review all content posted to the web site by users, and MMO is not responsible for any such content posted by users. You are responsible for the content and consequences of any of your activities in your use of this web site.
10. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold MMO and its affiliates harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising in any way from your use of the web site.
11. You agree to pay in full the prices for any purchases you make either by credit/debit card concurrent with your online order or by other payment means acceptable to MMO. You agree to pay all applicable taxes. If we do not receive payment from your credit or debit card issuer or its agents, you agree to pay all amounts due to us. Certain products that you purchase and/or download on or through the web site may be subject to additional terms and conditions presented to you at the time of such purchase or download.
12. MMO cannot guarantee the standards of any web site to which links are provided on this web site nor shall MMO be held responsible for the contents of such sites, or any subsequent links.
13. The web site, including, without limitation, all services, content, functions and materials provided through the web site, are provided “as is,” without warranty of any kind. Please note MMO reserves the right to change the conditions/terms at any time.
14. MMO may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the web site or the web site’s services at any time. MMO may restrict or suspend your access to the web site and/or its services if we believe you are in breach of our terms and conditions or applicable law, or for any other reason without notice or liability. So as Sheriff Woody says: “play nice.”